Thursday 24 April 2014

W is for: Where Adventure Goes to Die

The other day a friend told me that there comes a time to settle down, when you can't keep taking chances...
I think the worst part of this is how much it really stuck with me and how the hope was sucked from me in just a few words. The day I stop taking chances sounds a lot like death. And here I am with people I respect dearly telling me to just lye down and accept my fate. Life is in constant change and I think the best part is that we always have opportunities to challenge and re evaluate ourselves with chances. We take chances on ourselves everyday, on other people, on life itself and we can do this without even realizing it or we can embrace every last moment of it. When does it become okay to stop dreaming and reaching and when do we lose hope in ever getting where we want to go. Destinations are never truly set anyways and if I want to leave why can't I? If I want to find myself what is stopping me? And where is that handbook that says I need to settle down or else?
Maybe eventually my soul will need to stop wandering and perhaps settling down will come with that realization. I just haven't quite figured out where my soul belongs just yet. All I know is there is not a single problem with wanting more for myself and for once in my life trying to be true to who I am. I remember once thinking that I could not go a day without feeling alive, but it isn't really true is it... We need to be constantly reminded and being a robot is all to common. I want to love who I love, be who I am, push my own limits and discover new horizons. I don't want to be a robot. I want to remember how the first time of a new experience feels and I never want to live as though my life belongs to anyone but me.
I can't tell you how many decisions I have made for others, how many times I have eventually gotten to a point where I leap without looking and it is certain that those times were the most exhilarating and least regretful. In short I will not stop taking chances. The heart wants what the heat wants and will go where it needs to go. And for me right now whether anyone understands it or not these chances will be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment