Wednesday 9 April 2014

I is for: Indulgence

I like the way you smell, the way the rain smells and how the night air smells;
And the way warm cookies melt in my mouth.
I like tea on a cold night when the lights are low with a book in my hand.
I could walk for hours in any direction and never worry about getting back to where I came from.
And wonder why flowers wilt or why life shutters on the way it does.
I like hearing you speak, the way the gentle moonlight hits your hair.
How you indulge my child like tendencies and never judge my foolish ramblings.
I could spend a day with you and it would still be gone to quickly
And I speculate whether I'm alone or at best if you are simply humoring me.
I feel that painful knott when its time to say goodbye,
The one that quickens my ackward pace and twists the moment you're out of sight.
That moment of sheer adversity and the feeling that accompanies a vivid dream that ended to soon or you'd suddenly realized wasn't real.
And guilt rushes in so ominously, like a wave hitting shore,
Because though I never lied, I know to me it means so much more then I let on.
Maybe im not quite the good person I thought I was,
But I don't want you to go away.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Stopping by from the A to Z challenge. Very nice peace!
    #theawsomedish

    ReplyDelete