Friday 18 April 2014

R is for: Rest

My eyes shutter before closing, lingering where watchfullness is needed
Plundering the day of its many sucesses and savoring the countless flaws
Body tight with raging life yet so exhausted it dare not move,
For fear of being strained much more.
Oh ever faithful mind I thank you for your treck through tired hours.
The moments ripening between my fingertips, struggling to meet its end.
Echoing in my ears are waves of uncertain tomorrows
But my eyelids are much to heavy to worry or dwell.
With the future just around the corner and the past hidding behind the bend
There is much to ponder silently in darkness.
But I let led fill my reluctant body toes to grateful eyes stinging closed.
I think I will rest peacefully tonight.

3 comments:

  1. I can feel your exhaustion. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know the feeling. Well described. You are doing really well with the challenge, Christine. Nearly there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a really nice blog.

    ReplyDelete