Wednesday 16 April 2014

P is for: [Simple] Pleasures

The other day I was walking and the wind caught the rim of my water bottle and the sound carried over the sound of the music in my ears and I was caught up in the moment.
Its these split seconds of awe that get me.
The sound of rain on the roof of my car that carries me away, I could be anywhere, I could be anyone, the pitter patter happens just the same like the sun rises just the same and sets just the same.
A stranger going out of their way to make someone's day, or the artist on the street that plays with all her heart just hoping to be heard or the person with the courage to ask your name and what walk of life youre from.
That child you pass who gives you the biggest smile and doesn't even know you all he knows is that your smiling back and he is not alone.
The way lying in bed feels after a nice warm shower, how the blankets smooth against the skin are noticed rather then rationalized. The way a dream can make me smile the moment im awake before I even open my eyes.
A light turning green just before I get to it, that one sidewalk block that has been nearly destroyed. A clear street. Laying on the pavement eyes wide.
Feeling liberated enough to dance to my own beat in my room, in my car, on the street. Singing without holding back. The last bite of a chocolate bar. The end of a good movie. The start of a new friendship.
The crisp sound of fall leaves, a street with an overhang of trees. The moment my face hits water when I dive in. Floating on a lake. Campfires and old stories miles away.
Listening to someone pour thier heart out with nothing much to say, no advice to give.
And those moments of uncertainty but nothing is in the way of this shared memory.
You now share a piece of me and that's my simplest pleasure.

4 comments:

  1. I love this, I too find great light and laughter in things like that! BRAVO #AtoZchallenge ☮Peace ☮ ღ ONE ℒℴνℯ ღ ☼ Light ☼ visiting from http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always refreshing to stop and think about simple pleasures such as those you list. Thank you for the reminder to do that. :-)

    ReplyDelete