Sunday 13 April 2014

L is for: Longing

I'd like to be your smile, be the longing in your heart
Be the one you think of daily and who gives your morning start.
The goodnight you always wait for before you close your eyes to sleep
The weary mind that carries thoughts of you I always wish to keep.
I know you're just fine without  me making meaning on your own
And I'm sorry that your sunshine has been knocked down from its throne.
Id like to be that fire burning deep within your soul 
And the part that makes you wonder if you've ever felt this whole.
But I'm not quite sure its what you want, or all that you deserve
You pull me close then push away or at least as I observe.
I just wish that I could hold you through each and everyday.
and tell you with much certainty that everything's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment