Monday 14 April 2014

N is for: Naked

The other night a whole other world opened up to me and I was high on the simple act of being around you, I had felt it before but this was stronger.
I wanted to ride that wave and I could feel how much I want to be with you and not just physically; and how maybe you felt it too.
I tried to change my life, up and leave and simple words got confused and lost as I felt you pull away and take my hope with you.
I can still feel the soft and fast rhythm of your heart, hear it taunting my ears and making the moment feel alive. And there was no where else I would rather be.
But your words become fewer and your mind seems it is elsewhere and my heart begins to sink because I can only assume where it may be.
And I can feel those walls begin to close the gap they had just opened and my own walls begin to enclose me once more.
Maybe I'm just crazy, maybe it was just not our day and my mind ran away with it all.
When you hugged me I could feel my world of worry melt away and it felt like where I was supposed to be. And I wanted so badly for that to last,
I wanted so badly for you to feel the same and I forgot to remember that you really just might not;
And it scares me because I've never felt so damn open and naked and I can't help but notice I want this more then anything I have ever wanted before.
I want this more then I want my career and more then I want to feel needed, more then the fear it would take to overcome, more then I want to hide.

4 comments:

  1. "Forget to remember." We all do that, don't we? The write is deep but, hey, we live in these moments. These moments are all we have, aren't they? I like your prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the beautiful reply! It made me ponder deeper into myself

      Delete
  2. We all want to love and be loved in return. Sometimes the other person in our lives doesm't realise just how much we crave their affections. You tend to write directly from your soul, so the words have natural feel to them. That's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poetry is beautiful and open, Christine. I found myself unable to stop as I scrolled back through past posts. I like the simple beauty of a heart longing and crying out to be loved. You g post was very thought provoking as well. I am so glad I stopped by for my visit from the A to Z challenge. I hope to be back to read more of your expressive beauty. Enjoy the challenge. Maria from Delight Directed Living

    ReplyDelete