Tuesday 9 September 2014

Would That I Could

What if 
I had the confidence to put myself out there.
What would that look like?
I would sing as loudly as I could in my car without worrying,
I would smile without looking down when walking by,
My words wouldn't come out so jumbled 
And People would respect me.
I would hold your hand tighter,
Pull you closer when everyone else is around 
I would show you every bit of me without hesitation,
I wouldn't wince at the sound of the phone ringing
Never dreading if the person on the other end picked up  
Or worry what anyone thought of me.
I would probably care more about the way I look,
Without worrying about how others see me. 
What if 
I didn't worry about others liking me.
I wouldn't spend so much time trying to make everyone else happy,
I would be less pressured,
I'd write what I want, 
Say what I feel without the need for validation,
Or praise. 
What if 
I didn't think so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment