Saturday 13 September 2014

Lines- Things to Remember

What happened
I stood at the door peering through the fogged and mangled glass waiting to see her appear behind it.
When I finally see her walking towards me behind the heavy metal and glass I awkwardly wave though the door is still between us, because I feel like I have been caught starring. And the butterflies start. Actually they started about halfway down the road so I suppose they simply intensify. She hugs me as though I will float away without her holding me, and I am grateful because I feel that very well may happen. My back is close to the wall and she is close to me, looking at me and I have the urge to pull her closer and lean back. She grabs my hand and leads me downstairs, shyly smiling, to show me her newly painted room.   

No comments:

Post a Comment