Saturday 13 September 2014

Lines- Thought on Thoughts

Thoughts like most things come and go so frequently that one hardly notices they were even there. Some thoughts however linger like icicles from a daunting rooftop; until one day the icicle falls and leave an empty confused mess of water and uneven shards. But there's often nothing to say about everything and the thought goes unacknowledged because by no means do you ever hope to explain its existence. Truth be told I feel like this a lot. My mind is a force field impenetrable by even my own mouth; when I do somehow find the words to speak I feel terribly misunderstood. But its a rarity that words leave their comfortable nest in my head anyways and I am most of the time very content this way.
I don't remember a whole lot from when I was younger and sometimes I try really hard; its a shame because I cherish memories and fear losing them when I die. Funny how these intangible pieces of life are what I want the most. Everything fades. When I was little I had a watch; it had Winnie the Pooh on its face and a brown faux leather strap. I wanted so badly to preserve the watch in my mind that I took a box and while my dad was building walls in a new playhouse- in a yard I once knew but will never see again- I put the box inside the wall. Forever lost to me.
I have a gift. Do you want to feel special? Unique? Of course everyone does. I know just how to play on your ego. Will you let me try? It goes beyond your hair or eyes sometimes even your smile. Just promise you'll see me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment