Thursday 27 March 2014

Turning Point

Every muscle in my body contracts and I can feel the frustration coursing through my veins.
Words bang on the inside of my tired chest; I just can't hold it in no more.
It's been tipping my tongue and pounding in my heart; but I just can't let it out.
Tell me will time change the uneasy bubbling in my stomach;
Will it carry away with it this desire?
Dragging with it the walls that surround my life as I know it;
I just don't want to lose this, I can not let it end.
Time is perhaps the enemy as it will wear on and this may fade out of view.
Just how long do I think I can withhold the charade.
I just want to scream at the top of my lungs until my voice fails me and my eyes burn and my body shakes and the world disappears and everything is behind me like a misguided past with nothing better to do then stay where it belongs until the bricks threaten to break.
Just a single word and my mind is swirling and I'm pushing just a little to vigorously...
I lye sprawled across a tangled thorn looking up into bright eyes and sideways into even brighter ones.
Take my mind from the space where it wanders and throw it into purgatory until its locked down the place where it belongs.

2 comments:

  1. I like your flow with the words, lady. nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and encouraging words :)

      Delete