Monday 31 March 2014

Marcelline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sinking like a boat, checkered with invisible holes that only I can see;
And I am feeling so alone.
I see you when I close my eyes, in the people that I know; behind me in the supermarket and beside me at the mall.
I hear your voice in my dreams and I wish I could speak to you.
I see you in my name, in a picture on the wall and in my head.
And the truth of the matter is you're dead.
It is not a matter of lost, it's a simple matter of gone.
I don't feel your comfort surrounding me anymore; there is just a void, a stupid empty void,
I know I won't find you anymore.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, sad, poignant poem. There is such an aching sadness in it.
    Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete