Wednesday 14 May 2014

Jar of Stars



If the night sky were a field and its stars bright shining flowers
I would lie in them so peacefully
And stare at them for hours.
I would hand pick each and every one especially for you 
And I would decorate a plain old jar so they could have a view
I'd tie a purple ribbon all neatly around the top 
Then you could watch them flicker night by night non stop.
Their brilliant light can shine the way through your dark and tired days
While you wander through the foggy glass in their hope infested maze.
I'd place the moon behind them so they'd never feel alone
And I would hold your hand to the end and warm you to the bone.
To you I give this jar of stars to guard and love with all your heart
Because darlin it is a piece of me so very few get to see apart. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this poem. It's beautiful.
    Couple small points if you want them? Every one instead of everyone. And do you mean wonder(as in you think about something) or wander(as in wander about)?
    But I just LOVE this poem. I shall keep a copy, if I may? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine for the editorial pointers :)! And for sure you may keep a copy ! I appreciate the enthusiasm :)

      Delete