Sunday 23 February 2014

Dropping off the Edge of the Earth

When I was little I thought everyone I loved was strong and invincible. My grandma especially because she was always such an amazing women and always knew the right thing to say. To the very end she was defiant. Swearing and using profanities at the ripe age of 79. She saved me more times then I care to admit and was a shinning light in my sea of adolescent confussion. My lighthouse if you will. Though I would like to think I have grown up there is still advice I wish I could get from her. And now that she is gone ever so expectadly but still so suddenly, I feel as though my ship is sailing straight into darkness. For the last couple days since her death I have allowed myself to sail aimlessly off the edge of the Earth and I have shrunk to a lost and confused child once more.
I love her so dearly and miss her so much, and I dont think I will ever stop. Here's to a new adventure into the unknown. A road we will all travel in our own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment