Saturday 12 July 2014

Petal Princess

I want to cover my skin in flowers ,
Wrap them delicately around my arms and legs,
So I can forever remember the way summer smells when I'm around you.
I want to feel the way they sometimes brush my face as though they never existed at all,
And how they tighten in the heat, excited but afraid.
If the petals fall as they often do, I will kiss each one goodbye with the gentle thought of you,
And when all has withered it will be a reminder that not all good things can be held.
But I hope when that day comes your smell will be my summer,
Your touch will be the soft reminder that I'm alive, a ghost if you will of everything beautiful,
And your arms
Tightly wrapped around me with every hope you won't let go,
Just change and grow with me ,
Love with me, feel with me.
Some days may wither while others will flourish,
And there is a need to make room for the new,
But everything different I hope comes with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment