Monday 12 January 2015

Just Her

I love her more than the night air breathing cool dreams into my lungs,
Sending blood pulsing through my veins like a freight train- she’s magic.
Comparable to a memory reminiscent of the days I wished I could fly, not far from the pictures I had painted myself out of; back when I believed it was weird to think of girls that way.
She is Picasso’s Blue Nude lady finally facing me,
Lips tight, posture grandly defeated, so impossibly and profoundly human- she swallows me whole.
I am her echoing heart beat, counting loudly the days until tomorrow.. 
Hoping there will be tomorrow;
As I reach for her in my sleep, always wondering if she will reach back, whispering darling I love you, make the anxious go away- she’s home.
She is the highest note in my favourite song, the one I can’t stop singing even when I get it wrong and her adorable not quite laughter is ringing in my ears.
I would hold her until my tired muscles grew still and my lungs sang their last ragged I love you;
Because that is what night air is to me and she is so very much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment